2D Concept Artist
As of now, we are looking for a 2D Concept Artist (m/f)
Goodgame Studios is the fastest-growing games company in Europe, and one of Germany’s most successful technology companies. With more than 400 staff, at our Hamburg offices we develop innovative online games played by over 115 million players in almost 200 countries and more than 24 languages worldwide. Our success is built on our talented and motivated team of experienced e-Business experts and dedicated newcomers. With our quantitative approach fueled by driving ambition, we strive to continually improve our products. We want to set new global standards in technology, product quality, sales and marketing.
We also want to maintain our strong growth – so we’re looking for entrepreneurial personalities who really want to make things happen. Become part of our success story – apply now!
This position is aimed at experienced graphic designers with professional experience and is a salaried employee position. We would ask freelancers (and companies) who wish to offer us their services, not to reply to this advertisement.
As our 2D Concept Artist (m/f), you will use your good design skills — which include the effective use of color, form, light and composition — for the visual design of our online games.
- Developing ideas from concept through quick sketches to finished illustration
- Planning and implementation of graphic concepts for game worlds, characters, vehicles, storyboards and other visual content of our games
- Documentation of your own work and maintenance of style guides
- Homogeneous declination of the prescribed style
- Development of solutions for design challenges
- Close cooperation with the Design, Technology and Art teams
- Completed training or a degree in art, animation, visual effects or equivalent education
- Several years of professional experience as a Concept Artist
- Very good knowledge of Photoshop or other 2D art and painting programs
- Very good traditional and digital drawing skills
- Well versed in anatomy, proportions, perspective and color theory
- Knowledge of all major 3D programs like SketchUp, 3DS Max, Maya, etc. would be advantageous
- Publication of AAA PC or console titles as a concept artist beneficial
- You have very good communication skills and you enjoy working in a team
- A good knowledge of English, both spoken and written
- Passion for the development of online games
- A valid work and residence permit is required prior to commencement of employment
- An exciting, demanding job with fresh challenges to face every day
- Top development possibilities, further education with reference books, further training and language courses in-house
- A dynamic, success-hungry team with friendly, highly qualified colleagues
- An outstanding working atmosphere, flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Flexible working hours, plus childcare places right on the company premises
- Subsidization of bus/train tickets or a parking spot
- Regular team events and numerous benefits, such as a swimming pool, sports facilities, fresh fruit, many different types of muesli and free drinks
Hamburg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and provides a fantastic range of leisure activities as well as a great nightlife. A maritime atmosphere and its Hanseatic cosmopolitan flair enable an especially high quality of life – and safety. We will make relocating simple, help you find a flat, offer you a German course, and make it easy for you to get to know your new home town.Apply now!
Karsten Krausch, Recruiting
If you do not want to miss this unique opportunity, send your complete application with salary expectations in a single PDF file to Karsten Krausch: .
Please include the keyword "Concept Artist" and the source details.