Internship – Java Development
As of now, we are offering an Internship – Java Development
Goodgame Studios is the fastest-growing games company in Europe, and one of Germany’s most successful technology companies. With more than 400 staff, at our Hamburg offices we develop innovative online games played by over 115 million players in almost 200 countries and 24 languages worldwide. Our success is built on our talented and motivated team of experienced e-Business experts and dedicated newcomers. With our quantitative approach fueled by driving ambition, we strive to continually improve our products. We want to set new global standards in technology, product quality, sales and marketing.
We also want to maintain our strong growth – so we’re looking for entrepreneurial personalities who really want to make things happen. Become part of our success story – apply now!
As Java Practical Trainee, you will work on our online games in an interdisciplinary product team. You will support us in developing game logic, ensuring that thousands of players can play simultaneously with one another on one server.
- New and further development of game servers for innovative MMO games
- Conception and implementation of game logic
- Optimization of high-performance systems
- Close cooperation with Flash developers, game designers and game balancers
- Ideal for a practical semester – can be combined with a thesis
- Practical experience with Java or C# projects (professional, private, university/college), ideally in game development
- Understanding of object orientation, databases (SQL) and data structures
- Good perceptive skills, above-average willingness to learn
- Good conceptual skills, communication skills and team spirit
- You enjoy working in interdisciplinary teams and you have a passion for games
- A sense of responsibility, commitment and an open, friendly character
- Desirable: completed or largely completed studies in computer science or a comparable field
- You have a good knowledge of German, both spoken and written
- An exciting, demanding job with fresh challenges to face every day
- Top development possibilities, further education including reference books, further training
- A dynamic, success-hungry team with friendly, highly qualified colleagues
- An outstanding working atmosphere, flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Flexible working hours and childcare places available — right on the company premises
- Subsidization of bus/train tickets or parking
- Regular team events and many benefits, such as a swimming pool, sports facilities, fresh
fruit, many different types of muesli and free drinks
Hamburg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and provides a fantastic range of leisure activities as well as a great nightlife. A maritime atmosphere and its Hanseatic cosmopolitan flair enable an especially high quality of life – and safety. We will make relocating simple, help you find a flat, offer you a German course, and make it easy for you to get to know your new home town.Apply now!
Melanie Adam, Recruiting
If you do not want to miss this opportunity, send your complete application (cover letter, CV and latest references) in a PDF file to Melanie Adam:
Please include the keyword “Internship - Java Development” and the source details.