Lead 2D Concept Artist
As of now, we are looking for a Lead 2D Concept Artist (m/f)
Goodgame Studios is the fastest-growing games company in Europe, and one of Germany’s most successful technology companies. With more than 400 staff, at our Hamburg offices we develop innovative online games played by over 115 million players in over 200 countries and in more than 24 languages worldwide. Our success is built on our talented and motivated team of experienced e-Business experts and dedicated newcomers. With our quantitative approach fueled by driving ambition, we strive to continually improve our products. We want to set new global standards in technology, product quality, sales and marketing.
We also want to maintain our strong growth — so we’re looking for entrepreneurial personalities who really want to make things happen. Become part of our success story — apply now!
This position is aimed at experienced Concept Artists with professional experience and is a salaried employee position. We would ask freelancers and companies who wish to offer us their services, not to reply to this advertisement.
As our Lead 2D Concept Artist (m/f), you will use your good design skills — which include the effective use of color, form, light and composition — for the visual design of our online games. Professional and disciplinary management of our Concept Artist Team will also be part of your job.
- Professional and disciplinary management (and further development) of the Concept Artist team (3-5 employees)
- Provide leadership and feedback to all the members of the Concept Artists Team
- Development and preparation of prototypes and style determination of a unique visual style
- Close cooperation with our Art Director and Senior Lead Artist
- Time management, prioritization and coordination of deadline for submissions
- Development of ideas from concept through quick sketches to finished illustration
- Planning and independent implementation of graphic concepts for game worlds, characters, vehicles, storyboards and other visual content of our games
- Development and management of internal design ideas and continuing education programs
- Close cooperation with the Design, Technology and Art teams
- A degree in visual arts, animation, visual effects or a comparable degree
- Several years of solid professional experience as lead or concept artist
- Very good knowledge of Photoshop or other 2D art and painting programs
- Excellent traditional and digital drawing skills
- Extremely well versed in anatomy, proportions, perspectives and color theory
- Publication of AAA PC or console titles as a concept artist
- You have distinctive communication skills — and you enjoy working in a team
- A very good knowledge of English, both spoken and written
- Passion for the development of online games
- A valid work and residence permit is required prior to commencement of employment
- An exciting, demanding job with fresh challenges to face every day
- Top development possibilities, further education with reference books, further training and language courses in-house
- A dynamic, success-hungry team with friendly, highly qualified colleagues
- An outstanding working atmosphere, flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Flexible working hours, plus childcare places right on the company premises
- Subsidization of bus/train tickets or a parking spot
- Regular team events and numerous benefits, such as a swimming pool, sports facilities, fresh fruit, many different types of muesli and free drinks
Hamburg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and provides a fantastic range of leisure activities as well as a great nightlife. A maritime atmosphere and its Hanseatic cosmopolitan flair enable an especially high quality of life – and safety. We will make relocating simple, help you find a flat, offer you a German course, and make it easy for you to get to know your new home town.Apply now!
Karsten Krausch, Recruiting
If you do not want to miss this unique opportunity, send your complete application with salary expectations in a single PDF file to Karsten Krausch: . Please include the keyword "Lead Concept Artist" and the source details.