Lead Game Balancer
We are currently looking for a Lead Game Balancer (m/f)
Goodgame Studios is the fastest-growing games company in Europe, and one of Germany’s most successful technology companies. With more than 400 staff, at our Hamburg offices we develop innovative online games played by over 115 million players in almost 200 countries and in more than 24 languages worldwide. Our success is built on our talented and motivated team of experienced e-Business experts and dedicated newcomers. With our quantitative approach fueled by driving ambition, we strive to continually improve our products. We want to set new global standards in technology, product quality, sales and marketing.
We also want to maintain our strong growth — so we’re looking for entrepreneurial personalities who really want to make things happen. Become part of our success story — apply now!
As our Lead Game Balancer (m/f), you will be responsible for our current, ever-expanding Balancing Team. You will also use mathematical calculations to ensure correct balance and symmetry in our online games — this will provide lasting gaming enjoyment for our players.
- Continuous improvement of our games in terms of gameplay, monetization and flow
- Responsibility for the current Balancing Team and its further development
- Redesign and optimization of virtual business cycles by means of analytical and number-based work projects
- Pricing of virtual goods
- Coordination of (pay) features for game experience
- Determination of player progress
- Definition, measurement and analysis of relevant performance indicators and the subsequent development of the necessary adjustments
- Initial experience in the balancing or analysis of free-to-play online games (social/browser/client)
- Good communication and leadership qualities
- Experience in team management
- Very good mathematical and — in particular — analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, statistics and SQL
- A good knowledge of relevant game mechanics
- A strong Internet affinity and enthusiasm for online games
- Willingness to work intensively, both independently and in a team
- Targeted creativity and thought processes — and a high level of quality awareness
- A very good knowledge of German and English, both spoken and written
- A valid work and residence permit is required prior to commencement of employment
- An exciting, demanding job with fresh challenges to face every day
- Top development possibilities, further education including reference books, further training in-house and language courses
- A dynamic, success-hungry team with friendly, highly qualified colleagues
- An outstanding working atmosphere, flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Flexible working hours and childcare places available — right on the company premises
- Subsidization of bus/train tickets or parking
- Regular team events and many benefits, such as a swimming pool, sports facilities, fresh fruit, many different types of muesli and free drinks
Hamburg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and provides a fantastic range of leisure activities as well as a great nightlife. A maritime atmosphere and its Hanseatic cosmopolitan flair enable an especially high quality of life – and safety. We will make relocating simple, help you find a flat, offer you a German course, and make it easy for you to get to know your new home town.Apply now!
Hendrik Schröder, Recruiting
If you do not want to miss this opportunity, send your complete application (cover letter, CV and latest references) with salary expectations in a PDF file to Hendrik Schröder: .
Please include the keyword “Lead Game Balancer” and the source details.