Senior 2D Concept Artist
We are currently looking for a Senior 2D Concept Artist (m/f)
Goodgame Studios is Europe′s fastest growing gaming company and one of Germany′s most successful technology businesses. With more than 450 employees at our headquarters in Hamburg we develop innovative online games which are played by more than 134 million players in 25 languages across 200 countries. Our talented, motivated team of experts and newcomers forms the basis of our success. Become a part of the success story and apply now!
The job is aimed at applicants with professional experience and is subject to an employment contract. We kindly request that freelancers and companies who would like to offer us their services do NOT respond to this advertisement.
As our Senior 2D Concept Artist (m/f), you will use your good design skills – which include the effective use of color, form, light and composition – for the visual design of our online games.
- Development and preparation of prototypes and style determination in close collaboration with our Art Director and Senior Lead Artist
- Development of ideas from concept through quick sketches to finished illustration
- Planning and independent implementation of graphic concepts for game worlds, characters, vehicles, storyboards and other visual content of our games
- You will provide guidance and support for our art team and find sound solutions to any challenges that arise
- Development and management of internal design ideas and continuing education programs
- Close cooperation with the Design, Technology and Art teams
- A degree in visual arts, animation, visual effects or a comparable degree
- Several years of solid professional experience as a concept artist
- Very good knowledge of Photoshop or other 2D art and painting programs
- Excellent traditional and digital drawing skills
- Extremely well versed in anatomy, proportions, perspectives and color theory
- Publication of AAA PC or console titles as a concept artist
- You have distinctive communication skills — and you enjoy working in a team
- A very good knowledge of English, both spoken and written
- Passion for the development of online games
- A valid work and residence permit is required prior to commencement of employment
- An exciting, demanding job with fresh challenges to face every day
- Top development possibilities, further education with reference books, further training and language courses in-house
- A dynamic, success-hungry team with friendly, highly qualified colleagues
- An outstanding working atmosphere, flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Flexible working hours, plus childcare places right on the company premises
- Subsidization of bus/train tickets or a parking spot
- Regular team events and numerous benefits, such as a swimming pool, sports facilities, fresh fruit, many different types of muesli and free drinks
Hamburg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and provides a fantastic range of leisure activities as well as a great nightlife. A maritime atmosphere and its Hanseatic cosmopolitan flair enable an especially high quality of life – and safety. We will make relocating simple, help you find a flat, offer you a German course, and make it easy for you to get to know your new home town.
Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to seize an opportunity to work in a company that is among the most successful in its industry and that is still growing rapidly?Apply now!
Karsten Krausch, Recruiting
Then please send us your complete application (a letter of motivation, your CV and your portfolio) with salary expectations as a single PDF file with the keyword "Senior 2D Concept Artist" to Karsten Krausch, .
Please also let us know how you found out about the position.