Senior Game Balancer
We are currently looking for a Senior Game Balancer (m/f)
Goodgame Studios is Europe′s fastest growing gaming company and one of Germany′s most successful technology businesses. With more than 450 employees at our headquarters in Hamburg we develop innovative online games which are played by more than 134 million players in 25 languages across 200 countries. Our talented, motivated team of experts and newcomers forms the basis of our success. Become a part of the success story and apply now!
As Senior Game Balancer (m/f), you will be the person responsible for the mathematical side of game design. You will use mathematical calculations to provide the correct balance in our online games, enabling lasting gaming enjoyment for our players. You will also be responsible for global and higher-level tasks. This position is for very experienced game designers with an affinity for numbers and for mathematicians who love games and who have experience in the online gaming sector.
- Continuous improvement of our games in terms of connection, monetization and virality
- Redesign and optimization of virtual game economies through a strong analytical number-based approach
- Development of a payment concept for new games or the control and improvement of the payment concepts of existing online games
- Modeling of a complex game economy based on existing and projected data
- Pricing of virtual goods and features
- Coordination of (pay) features for game experience
- Determination of player progress
- Generation of game enjoyment using flow
- Definition, measurement and analysis of relevant performance indicators and subsequent development of the necessary adjustments (KPIs and other metrics)
- Direct cooperation with product managers, developers and designers with a view to implementing new ideas as quickly as possible
- Several years of experience in the balancing of free-to-play online games (social/browser/client)
- Very good mathematical and – in particular – analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and Visual Basic and SQL
- A good knowledge of relevant game mechanics
- A strong Internet affinity and enthusiasm for online games
- Willingness to work self-reliantly and intensively in a team
- Targeted creativity and thought processes – and a high level of quality awareness
- Good communication skills and leadership qualities
- Very good knowledge of German and English, both spoken and written
- A valid work and residence permit is required prior to commencement of employment
- An exciting, demanding job with fresh challenges to face every day
- Top development possibilities, further education including reference books, further training in-house and language courses
- A dynamic, success-hungry team with friendly, highly qualified colleagues
- An outstanding working atmosphere, flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Flexible working hours and childcare places available — right on the company premises
- Subsidization of bus/train tickets or parking
- Regular team events and many benefits, such as a swimming pool, sports facilities, fresh fruit, many different types of muesli and free drinks
Hamburg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and provides a fantastic range of leisure activities as well as a great nightlife. A maritime atmosphere and its Hanseatic cosmopolitan flair enable an especially high quality of life – and safety. We will make relocating simple, help you find a flat, offer you a German course, and make it easy for you to get to know your new home town.
Do you want to make a difference? Do you want to seize an opportunity to work in a company that is among the most successful in its industry and that is still growing rapidly?Apply now!
Hendrik Schröder, Recruiting
Then please send us your complete application (a letter of motivation, your CV and your certificates) with salary expectations as a single PDF file with the keyword "Senior Game Balancer" to Hendrik Schröder, . Please also let us know how you found out about the position.