Trainee – Game Optimization Statistician
As of now, we are looking for a Trainee Game Optimization Statistician (m/f)
Goodgame Studios is the fastest-growing games company in Europe, and one of Germany’s most successful technology companies. With more than 400 staff, at our Hamburg offices we develop innovative online games played by over 115 million players in almost 200 countries and more than 24 languages worldwide. Our success is built on our talented and motivated team of experienced e-Business experts and dedicated newcomers. With our quantitative approach fueled by driving ambition, we strive to continually improve our products. We want to set new global standards in technology, product quality, sales and marketing.
We also want to maintain our strong growth — so we’re looking for entrepreneurial personalities who really want to make things happen. Become part of our success story — apply now!
As a trainee game optimization statistician (m/f), you will be involved in the statistical and mathematical aspects of online games design. You will also conduct analyses to ensure the users of our online games obtain long-term enjoyment, while maintaining the proper balance within our online games. This trainee position is ideal for launching your career after graduating, and for career changers.
- Co-design online games from a statistical view
- Assist with determining and continuously improving game flow
- Optimize existing features with regard to game entry, user retention and monetization
- Adjust features based on game experience
- Determine player progress
- Analyze relevant indicators (KPI and other metrics)
- Work directly with a mentor
- Competitive analysis and present proposed features
- Create detailed and clear Excel sheets
- Initial experience in the game design process, such as during a work experience placement, or hobby projects involving computer games
- Good mathematical skills, and analytical skills in particular
- Sound knowledge of MS Excel, Visual Basic a bonus
- Basic grasp of relevant game mechanics
- Strong affinity for the Internet and enthusiasm for games
- Willing to work independently and intensely in a team
- Creative, process oriented and a high quality awareness
- A very good knowledge of German and English, both spoken and written
- A valid work and residence permit is required prior to commencement of employment
- An exciting, demanding job with fresh challenges to face every day
- Top development possibilities, further education including reference books, further training in-house and language courses
- A dynamic, success-hungry team with friendly, highly qualified colleagues
- An outstanding working atmosphere, flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Flexible working hours and childcare places available — right on the company premises
- Subsidization of bus/train tickets or parking
- Regular team events and many benefits, such as a swimming pool, sports facilities, fresh fruit, many different types of muesli and free drinks
Hamburg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and provides a fantastic range of leisure activities as well as a great nightlife. A maritime atmosphere and its Hanseatic cosmopolitan flair enable an especially high quality of life – and safety. We will make relocating simple, help you find a flat, offer you a German course, and make it easy for you to get to know your new home town.Apply now!
Tim Wiedemann, Recruiting
If you do not want to miss this opportunity, send your complete application (cover letter, CV and latest references) with salary expectations in a PDF file to Tim Wiedemann: .
Please include the keyword “Trainee - Game Optimization Statistician ” and the source details.